The New Era
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
News on LifeClan ~ SWP 2016
Button for LifeClan Announcement
Button for Plot
Button for Vote
Staff

Administrator

*Smoke*

Moderators

Roo12

Kitty

Retired Administrator and Owner

Mini~
Maps
_
Clans
Click to enlarge
The New Era

Twoleg
Click to enlarge
The New Era
Affiliates
Warrior Clan CatsThe New EraThe New EraThe New Era
Latest topics
» Old friends getting in touch!
A Single Cabin, A Common Goal (Private for Now; Roo & Smoke) - Page 4 Empty26/06/20, 10:07 pm by *Smoke*

» A Life Worth Living and Loving (Private)
A Single Cabin, A Common Goal (Private for Now; Roo & Smoke) - Page 4 Empty05/06/17, 11:03 am by Kit

» Mediterranean Madness (Private; Roo & Smoke)
A Single Cabin, A Common Goal (Private for Now; Roo & Smoke) - Page 4 Empty06/04/17, 05:28 pm by Roo12

» In the Old Clans ~Private: Smoke & Searisha~
A Single Cabin, A Common Goal (Private for Now; Roo & Smoke) - Page 4 Empty29/03/17, 07:32 am by Searisha

» Character Creation Guideline and Forms
A Single Cabin, A Common Goal (Private for Now; Roo & Smoke) - Page 4 Empty09/02/17, 09:45 pm by hollyleaf6610

» ThunderClan Allegiances
A Single Cabin, A Common Goal (Private for Now; Roo & Smoke) - Page 4 Empty09/02/17, 09:29 pm by hollyleaf6610

» Snowfang of Windclan
A Single Cabin, A Common Goal (Private for Now; Roo & Smoke) - Page 4 Empty26/01/17, 03:37 am by Silver

» Hey I'm new (^._.^)_/
A Single Cabin, A Common Goal (Private for Now; Roo & Smoke) - Page 4 Empty22/01/17, 06:25 pm by Roo12

» Hi, I'm new!
A Single Cabin, A Common Goal (Private for Now; Roo & Smoke) - Page 4 Empty01/01/17, 05:59 pm by Searisha

» Starlingpaw of ShadowClan
A Single Cabin, A Common Goal (Private for Now; Roo & Smoke) - Page 4 Empty01/01/17, 09:20 am by Searisha

A Single Cabin, A Common Goal (Private for Now; Roo & Smoke)

3 posters

Page 4 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

A Single Cabin, A Common Goal (Private for Now; Roo & Smoke) - Page 4 Empty Re: A Single Cabin, A Common Goal (Private for Now; Roo & Smoke)

Post by Roo12 23/07/14, 07:16 am

Ooc: Says the one with THAT sigi XDD lol, just kidding. I totally get it ;3

"Fiver's a pretty quick dog," Elliot answered, taking his possessions from Brooke, "We'd have better luck catching him on horseback."
Roo12
Roo12

Back to top Go down

A Single Cabin, A Common Goal (Private for Now; Roo & Smoke) - Page 4 Empty Re: A Single Cabin, A Common Goal (Private for Now; Roo & Smoke)

Post by *Smoke* 24/07/14, 12:45 am

Ooc: SIMS GLITCHES ARE FOR EVERYONE TO ENJOY XDDDD

Brooke nodded and opened the gate to the round pen, and Rowan calmly stood there as she left it open for Elliot.

Ooc: So hard to be serious right now XD I found a move on Netflix called GBF (no clue if you'd like it or not, cause we haven't really talked about that sort of stuff) and dear lord has it got me giddy in da brain XD
*Smoke*
*Smoke*
Administrator

Location : CONTACT ME THROUGH MY E-MAIL FOR IMMEDIATE RESPONSE :)

http://newerarp.forumotion.com/u31

Back to top Go down

Post by Roo12 08/08/14, 06:51 pm

Ooc: LOL XDDDDDD

With a gentle kick from Elliot, Rowan plodded steadily out of her makeshift pen, but was soon pulled back on her reins as her rider waited for Brooke to climb on.

Ooc: Yeah, I saw that film quite recently and it made me laugh too XD
My cousin who I was staying with while I was away these couple of weeks loves that film x3
Roo12
Roo12

Back to top Go down

Post by *Smoke* 11/08/14, 09:25 am

Ooc: This is completely random, but are you allowed to watch YouTube? If so, have you seen Adolf Hitler vs. Darth Vader...? >;3

With an ungraceful swing of her leg, Brooke managed to mount onto Rowan. "Ready?" She asked, more or less talking to herself. Riding horse back wasn't one of the things she'd ever really done in her life, and this was a living animal, not a machine like a tank was.
*Smoke*
*Smoke*
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Roo12 12/08/14, 03:51 pm

"Yup," muttered Elliot before giving Rowan a firm kick. The broard-boddied mare reared slightly before galloping off a a good speed, over the hills to where Fiver had disappeared through the trees.
Rowan's wide hooves thundered across the ground, letting shreds of turf spray up behind her and her riders. The forest Fiver had run into was open, the trees spaced out, so, though Elliot slowed the persuing horse, they were still able to travel at a steady canter. 
Peering through the foliage, Elliot spied the white tipped tail of his dog waving in the air, his head down as he sniffed at a fallen tree. The boy pulled up next to him and dismounted his horse, growling angrily at his dog. "I've told you before, don't run off like that."
Fiver lay down, his head between his front paws, whining and looking up at Elliot guiltily. He sighed and gave the collie's scruff a tusstle, letting him know he was forgiven. But instead of leaping up and giving him a lick like he usually did, Fiver slowly got to his paws, paced slowly and wearily over to the stump of the fallen tree and gave a low growl and a few angry barks. On closer inspection, Elliot could see that, though the tree trunk was rotten, it hadn't fallen naturally - it had been chopped into.
With a look of horror residing on his young face, Elliot looked up at Brooke. "There're people here," he said in a voice that had strangely resembled Fiver's growl.

Ooc: You mean the rap battle? YES! It's so funny! xDD
Roo12
Roo12

Back to top Go down

Post by *Smoke* 13/08/14, 12:23 am

"That's not possible. My family owns the thirty some odd acre land around the cabin I was living in. If there were people here the security would have...." Brooke trailed off, keeping her voice low, swinging her leg over Rowan to stand on the ground.
"That's how they found us! Oh God! I'm so stupid! While we were sleeping last night, the alarm must've gone off, considering this tree is recently cut down, and drawn the zombie hoard to us." Brooke quickly managed to explain almost under her breath. How could she have been so mundane?!
*Smoke*
*Smoke*
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Roo12 16/08/14, 03:52 pm

Elliot wasn't listening. Something had caught his eye - something glinting through the trees at him. Fiver had spotted it to and he had gone still and rigid and silent, like his master. It wasn't long before he had realised that the item wasn't a gun or a knife. It was an arrow head. 
Sudden panic rising in his chest, Elliot leaped back towards Brooke and pulling her out the way as the arrow let-fly, soaring a tremendous speed towards them. The head that had giving away the archer's pressence burried itself into a nearby tree, just missing the bystanders as its owner crashed away throuh the foliage. 
Elliot clenched his fists and leaped after the stranger, running at full speed for the entanglement of branches and thick weeds. At the last moment he jumped high in the air and grabbed for a branch of a tree, swinging himself clear of the obsticle in his path and landing on the other side of their attacker's hiding place.
Roo12
Roo12

Back to top Go down

Post by *Smoke* 24/08/14, 11:53 am

Goddammit Elliot! Brooke screamed in her mind. She immediately bolted after the younger boy as he flew off along with Fiver. Rowan wasn't sure what to do and just started to canter after the three. Jeez, that was a smart horse.
*Smoke*
*Smoke*
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Roo12 24/08/14, 03:20 pm

Elliot glanced the stranger escaping through the greenery and for a moment though to let him go and return to the others. But he had to find out who had intended to kill both him and Brooke. He sprinted after the archer.
The boy thundered through the foliage, branches and bushes crashing out of his way as he made for the twisting path their attacker was taking. Suddenly, and without warning, the bowman leapt high in the air and disapeared over the edge of a terrifying cliff, suspended high above a still pool of clear water. Their small, nimble body shot through the water like their arrow, came up and bagan to swim for shore.
Not quite thinking straight, Elliot followed, crashing into the water and swimming rapidly and winning the race to the bank. The stanger, dressed in an extraordinary cloak made of hardened willow leaves and a peculiar clay mask that covered the whole of their face, clambered, exhausted, out of the water. A few seconds later, they were knocked to the ground, held down by Elliot's body weight. After several minutes of struggling, the stranger gave in and lay there, breathing heavily with tiredness.
"Who are you?!" Elliot demanded, "And why did you attack us?" 
There came no reply. Only a wry hiss that spat from a mouth opening in the mask. 
"Fine," he said, reaching to take the mask from their face, "I'll find out myself."
Roo12
Roo12

Back to top Go down

Post by *Smoke* 24/08/14, 10:23 pm

"Screw you too, Elliot," Brooke cursed under her breath as she stopped at the edge of the cliff. She'd been cliff-diving here before; it had been a popular area for parties when she had been in high school.
But she couldn't hurl herself over right now, not with Fiver and Rowan depending on her. Though she was tired and out of breath, she soothed the wily horse, who was unsure what was going on.
Fiver barked a couple of times at Elliot who was now pinning down the archer that had shot an arrow at her. She needed to thank Elliot for saving her life, but she also needed to yell at him for completely leaving her behind.
After Rowan's heartbeat had cooled down, Brooke decided it was safe to mount her. Gathering her reins, she began cantering down the side of the cliff, careful to not get too close to the edge and also giving enough space for Fiver to safely follow.
*Smoke*
*Smoke*
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Roo12 25/08/14, 01:35 pm

Clasping the mask in his palm, Elliot pulled back and tossed the item away. The face that lay underneath was hot and red from the run, teeth bared angrily and green eyes squinting in the bright sunlight. 
"There," the woman spat up at her captor, "Now you know. Can I go now?"
"Why did you shoot at us?" Elliot demanded again.
"Because you are trespassing."
"Trespassing?"
"Yes!"
"No," argued Elliot, "All this land belongs to my friend."
"Not anymore it doesn't," retorted the girl, no older than Elliot himself, "Rules have changed since the zombies took over. Now you're the stranger here. You and your dumb friend-"
"Shut up!" Elliot silenced her through gritted teeth, tightening his grip.
"Our cheif doesn't take too kindly to trespassers. You wait until my friends arrive. Then you'll be in trouble. Unlike yours, my friends don't abandon me!"
"Shut up I said! You don't even know Brooke or me!"
"So that's her name," the girl continued in a sly voice, "Not a smart move, giving her name to me. You don't know how much damage I could do with just a name. What's yours, then, sugarplumb?"
Elliot was silent. He gulped, before replying, "It's not sugarplumb, for one thing. Keep quiet until my friend gets here or I'll bash your head in. She'll know what to do."
Roo12
Roo12

Back to top Go down

Post by *Smoke* 25/08/14, 03:23 pm

It took only a few moments for Rowan to struggle not going into a full on gallop. At the speed the three were going, they reached the beach in a matter of only a few seconds.
Out of breath, she halted Rowan not too far from where Elliot was holding down the archer. Brooke swung her leg over the horse and easily slid off. She was greeted with a sly smile from the woman.
"Hello Brooke. Sugarplum here has told me all about you," The woman cockily purred. She had a lot of nerve, for a woman who was pinned down to the ground.
Time to put my training to use, Brooke thought, kneeling down next to Elliot.
"You must be part of group, judging by your clothes. They're too big on you, issued to everyone. Scarred covered hands, you work with weapons. Good at stalking, you're a scout and/or a hunter for your group. You're not very important, but you're popular. We kill you we have a new enemy.
"Who's your leader..." Brooke questioned, her eyes narrowing on the woman. Her smile had faltered for a moment, barely noticeable, but she did. Brooke hit something in her.
"...Meredith?" Brooke finished her question. Now the woman's smile was gone. Her name, in the air, just like that.

Ooc: Her name is on her bow ;3
Ta-da, what do you think of my analysis thingy? I think it's as good as I'm going to get it. If you're really smart, you can tell what kind of person is what, and in the Army they're finally starting to worry about quality over quantity here in the states. I kind of copied this part off my brother, cause he can sometimes think like that :p
*Smoke*
*Smoke*
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Roo12 27/08/14, 08:39 pm

Elliot was amazed at Brooke's deduction, though he tried not to show it. He continued to glare down at the stranger, Meredith, giving off the impression that Brooke's wit had been nothing out of the ordinary. When Meredith breifly looked back up at her captor, the confidence seeping away from her face, he couldn't help but shoot her a winning smile. 
Anger boild on the girl's face at that point, knowing she had lost the upper hand. 
"Not a smart move, giving us your name. You don't know how much damage we could do with just a name," Elliot sneered down at her.
"So what," Meredith replied, desperately trying to turn the tables, "You're still on our land, the rest of my party will be here soon, then we'll see who's in trouble-"
"Yes! I suppose we will, hey, Brooke?" Elliot laughed. He saw the girl look almost frightened now she knew she was in real danger.

Ooc: I loved it! It was like reading a page from a Sherlock Holmes book ;3
I'm not too sure about our army, but over in Canada, they've got it sussed:
A Single Cabin, A Common Goal (Private for Now; Roo & Smoke) - Page 4 Resize10
Roo12
Roo12

Back to top Go down

Post by *Smoke* 28/08/14, 01:57 pm

Ooc: XDDDDDDD You have no idea how much that actually made me laugh. It was meant to be like Sherlock Holmes, considering how much I watch BBC, I think in Benedict Cumberbatch's voice sometimes if I'm in an arrogant/senile/know-it-all mood X3

"We will be in trouble. She isn't lying. Whatever she's part of has influence. However, with my saying that, we can still bash your head in so don't make it too big," Brooke said, snapping at the woman when she started to smile.
"Hide the animals, they might use them for food. Also, store any major electronic you have with them as well. No guns, but keep the knives," Brooke ordered the younger boy.
"So what, you'll just let me go?" Meredith asked incredulously.
"Of course not. We're going to staple you to the ground," Brooke smiled.
*Smoke*
*Smoke*
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Roo12 28/08/14, 02:13 pm

Ooc: WHAT?? They get the job done;)! XDDDDDDD
Yeah, I know that feeling xD

Elliot wasn't sure what Brooke had in mind, but he knew she had something good up her sleeve. Standing up, he pulling the girl onto her knees and held her arms awkwardly and no doubt painfully behind her back. 
"My gun in with the rest of my stuff, attatched to Rowan's sadle, but I have a knife in my boot," Elliot informed Brooke, "What's the plan for this one." He gave a sharp tug at Meredith, making her stumble, before pulling her back up.
Roo12
Roo12

Back to top Go down

Post by *Smoke* 29/08/14, 03:54 pm

Ooc: I have never been to Canada even though it's like, a 5 hour drive away. But Canada doesn't sound so bad, ey?

"I've got a few mini-knives. We can catch her clothes on a tree, and if she moves, she'll cut herself," Brooke simply explained, grabbing the small knife pack out of her belt.
*Smoke*
*Smoke*
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Roo12 29/08/14, 05:21 pm

Elliot nodded and obediently dragged their prisoner, who was completely subdued by this point, over to a nearby tree. Once pushed up against the trunk, he twisted her arms round the sides of the trunk, ripped off a shred of her own sleave and used it to bind her hands. He then began to hook her clothes on the spiked branches, as Brooke had suggested.
"Now you stay there," Elliot hissed into Meredith's ear as he hooked the last branch onto her ribs, "Not that you have much of a choice."
He then walked over to Rowan and Fiver, who had kept their distance, and comforted them. Once they were again calm, he took hold of the horse's reins and walked them a little further into the woods. They came to a small clearing and Elliot was about to tie Fiver to Rowan, and then tie Rowan to a tree but decided against it. 
If Walkers come, he thought, Then these two will need to be able to run away.
So instead he took some rope from his pack and tied one end of the medium length coil to Rowan's sadle, and the other end in a loop around his dog's neck. That way Fiver couldn't follow the boy when he left and, if they had to run, the collie would neither be trampled by the horse nor be able to stray too far from her to lose each other.
Roo12
Roo12

Back to top Go down

Post by *Smoke* 30/08/14, 11:27 pm

"They should be here any moment. Do not talk unless asked a direct question or our hides will probably be put up on display. I don't fully know what to expect with this group, so we're definitely on new territory now," Brooke told the younger boy, double-checking she had no guns on her.
Guns would probably unsettle the group, think them heathens or sinners or something. Or they would have them taken off of their person and used against them. Either way, it would have sucked to have a gun on your body.
*Smoke*
*Smoke*
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Roo12 04/09/14, 01:27 pm

Elliot nodded, knowing what Brooke was saying was absolutely true. They didn't want to intimidate these strangers; the best thing to do was to convice them they was neither a threat, nor something they needed to dispose of.
Roo12
Roo12

Back to top Go down

Post by *Smoke* 04/09/14, 04:26 pm

Ooc: I am muse-dead right now. I just made Kit's first of her last training PMs and dear goodness, I am beat.

In the distance, Brooke heard the pounding of horse hooves. Multiple people on horse-back were headed this way. Coming to look for their scout and huntress, no doubt.
She saw the horses before she saw the people on their back's. They were riding along the cliff, so that meant they knew where she was.
"Elliot, stand next to me please," Brooke asked/ordered the younger boy. They would stand their ground, and the group would respect that. Jeez, people were way too predictable sometimes.
*Smoke*
*Smoke*
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Roo12 04/09/14, 06:13 pm

Elliot stumbled up clumsily, staggering as quick as he can, to Brooke's side. Once he was standing, he too saw the horsemen, about six or seven of them all together, cantering their animals steadily down the sloped cliffside. The vibrations in the earth grew heavier as they drew nearer, until they stopped suddenly and towered over the two of them. One man, enomous in muscle and draped in a reed cape and torn jeans, stepped forward on his intimidatingly large stalion. 
"What are you doing here on our land, strangers?" the man boomed from his high perch. Now that he was in direct sunlight, Elliot saw that his dark skin was covered in scars. This man is more of a warrior, he though to himself as he scowled up challengingly, How primitive all these people look! There are remenants of modern clothes, but the more I look, the more freakin' deerskin tunics I see.

Ooc: God, I know what you mean. I've just gone back to school (and as I type this, I realise I am up WAY too late for a school night xD) and it is just draining me xP How's Kit's training going by the way? You said in the ceremony post she'd be done by the 20th, which is awesome.
Roo12
Roo12

Back to top Go down

Post by *Smoke* 04/09/14, 07:58 pm

Ooc: It hasn't been going. But it definitely is now. I am tired of her not being a mod. Meg was supposed to train her originally, but she couldn't, so I had to do it, and I had a lot on my shoulders already :/ I'm not nagging on Meg really, but Kit deserves a break for not pushing her mod-training.

"We were unaware of this land being under new ownership. We were provoked and acted only to save our lives, sir," Brooke explained, her voice steely but laced with a hint of respect.
The burly man looked at her with bitter taste that soon became a cruel smile when he caught sight of Meredith. The fore-mentioned girl hung her head low in shame, and was embarrassed to be trapped as such.
"Ah, a woman of military-means. We will take you to our village and you will face your punishment there." The man received nods from his varying companions.
"Uh, punishment? We were planning on leaving on pea-," Brooke was interrupted quickly by the man.
"You will not leave this land, girl! You trespassed and will be treated as such."
Crap....
*Smoke*
*Smoke*
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Roo12 05/09/14, 12:39 pm

Elliot tried to remain calm as two other horse riders, one a bald man with a heaving grey beard, the other a middle-aged woman with pink highlights in her hair and tattoos up the length of her arms, pulled their horses around either side of him and managed to tie him up before he had time to think straight. The two kicked their animals one, dragging him by a rope leading from Elliot's bond hands to both their sadles.

Ooc: Yeah, that's true. She deffinately deserves it. Is Meg alright, by the way? SHe hasn't been on for a while :/
Roo12
Roo12

Back to top Go down

Post by *Smoke* 05/09/14, 03:49 pm

Ooc: I'm not sure. I've tried contacting her, but I haven't gotten any replies yet. I'll e-mail her.

Brooke met the same fate as Elliot, and scrunched her nose at the terrible smell of horse crap. They had taken Meredith down, with some trouble, and she was now smirking at her atop the horse's back.
*Smoke*
*Smoke*
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Roo12 05/09/14, 04:08 pm

Just as the group were just exiting the clearing, dragging their prisoners behind them, Elliot shot a glance over his shoulder and, panic boiling in his head, saw Fiver's face peeking out over through the foliage. His expression was distressed and confused, and it seemed to be asking Elliot: "Where are you going? Who are these people? Why are you leaving me and horse?" 
He just hoped Fiver wouldn't bark or run after him. He needed him to stay safe and out of the way.
Roo12
Roo12

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next