The New Era
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
News on LifeClan ~ SWP 2016
Button for LifeClan Announcement
Button for Plot
Button for Vote
Staff

Administrator

*Smoke*

Moderators

Roo12

Kitty

Retired Administrator and Owner

Mini~
Maps
_
Clans
Click to enlarge
The New Era

Twoleg
Click to enlarge
The New Era
Affiliates
Warrior Clan CatsThe New EraThe New EraThe New Era
Latest topics
» Old friends getting in touch!
A Single Cabin, A Common Goal (Private for Now; Roo & Smoke) - Page 3 Empty26/06/20, 10:07 pm by *Smoke*

» A Life Worth Living and Loving (Private)
A Single Cabin, A Common Goal (Private for Now; Roo & Smoke) - Page 3 Empty05/06/17, 11:03 am by Kit

» Mediterranean Madness (Private; Roo & Smoke)
A Single Cabin, A Common Goal (Private for Now; Roo & Smoke) - Page 3 Empty06/04/17, 05:28 pm by Roo12

» In the Old Clans ~Private: Smoke & Searisha~
A Single Cabin, A Common Goal (Private for Now; Roo & Smoke) - Page 3 Empty29/03/17, 07:32 am by Searisha

» Character Creation Guideline and Forms
A Single Cabin, A Common Goal (Private for Now; Roo & Smoke) - Page 3 Empty09/02/17, 09:45 pm by hollyleaf6610

» ThunderClan Allegiances
A Single Cabin, A Common Goal (Private for Now; Roo & Smoke) - Page 3 Empty09/02/17, 09:29 pm by hollyleaf6610

» Snowfang of Windclan
A Single Cabin, A Common Goal (Private for Now; Roo & Smoke) - Page 3 Empty26/01/17, 03:37 am by Silver

» Hey I'm new (^._.^)_/
A Single Cabin, A Common Goal (Private for Now; Roo & Smoke) - Page 3 Empty22/01/17, 06:25 pm by Roo12

» Hi, I'm new!
A Single Cabin, A Common Goal (Private for Now; Roo & Smoke) - Page 3 Empty01/01/17, 05:59 pm by Searisha

» Starlingpaw of ShadowClan
A Single Cabin, A Common Goal (Private for Now; Roo & Smoke) - Page 3 Empty01/01/17, 09:20 am by Searisha

A Single Cabin, A Common Goal (Private for Now; Roo & Smoke)

3 posters

Page 3 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

A Single Cabin, A Common Goal (Private for Now; Roo & Smoke) - Page 3 Empty Re: A Single Cabin, A Common Goal (Private for Now; Roo & Smoke)

Post by Roo12 30/05/14, 05:01 pm

"That's fine, just as long as you're okay," Elliot said, dismounting the tall horse and walking over to the doors, the electric lantern hanging from his mouth. He gave the rusted handles a strong yank and they flung open, sending old paint and dust shooting into the air. "They're open!" the boy announced proudly, "Let's see if we can find you some bullets."
Elliot stepped forward and found the wooden steps. He proceed to walk cautiously downwards, feeling for a light switch built into the stone wall. He found one eventually, but when it was flicked, the bulb flickered weakly, hardly giving any light at all.
"Well, its better than nothing I suppose," he mumbled to himself.
Roo12
Roo12

Back to top Go down

A Single Cabin, A Common Goal (Private for Now; Roo & Smoke) - Page 3 Empty Re: A Single Cabin, A Common Goal (Private for Now; Roo & Smoke)

Post by *Smoke* 30/05/14, 08:03 pm

After Brooke had easily leaped off of Rowan safely with Fiver landing on the ground beside her in one piece, she led the horse around back quickly, putting her in the pen she had made herself with random metal scraps.
It was safe enough for a horse, as she had originally designed it to hold farm animals such as cows or chickens once she had found some worth keeping.
She entered the cellar in time to hear Elliot's words, and gave a small smirk. She took one of the bags off of her back, and pulled out two flashlights.
"You seem like a prepared person," She commented sarcastically.
*Smoke*
*Smoke*
Administrator

Location : CONTACT ME THROUGH MY E-MAIL FOR IMMEDIATE RESPONSE :)

http://newerarp.forumotion.com/u31

Back to top Go down

Post by Roo12 31/05/14, 06:55 am

"I brought a lantern didn't I?" Elliot smiled fiendishly back. Once he reached the main body of the basement, he began to explore and soon found some large couch cushions and some blankets, which he organized into two comfortable beds.
Fiver came scrambling clumsily down the steps and ran straight for Elliot, leaping up excitedly before choosing one of the makeshift beds and rolling playfully around on it. 
"I guess I'll take that one," Elliot smirked, signalling to the bed his dog was currently destroying.
Roo12
Roo12

Back to top Go down

Post by *Smoke* 31/05/14, 11:04 pm

Brooke smiled, nodding her head in agreement. Her smile faulted as the memory of her parents, now zombies, scrambling after the pair. She quickly acquired it again, and placed her bag on what was now her bed -the one without Fiver on it- and put Elliot's on his sleeping place.
"Alright, you want to take shifts for Rowan in case a Walker gets past the fence?" She offered, alright with taking the first shift.
*Smoke*
*Smoke*
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Roo12 01/06/14, 08:39 am

"I don't think we need to do that," Elliot said, stretching and slumping down on his bed, "Fiver will sound the alarm if Walkers are a mile off, and I'm a light sleeper anyways."
The boy took his still-damp shirt and trousers off and hung them over a pipe that jutted out of the far wall. Because he was left in he vest, the enormous burn that scarred half of his back an should was visible to see before he climbed under the this blanket, Fiver resting beside him.
Roo12
Roo12

Back to top Go down

Post by *Smoke* 01/06/14, 11:08 am

Ooc: ......... Do you realize Elliot just got undressed in front of Brooke?.......
*Smoke*
*Smoke*
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Roo12 01/06/14, 12:52 pm

Ooc: Well, yes, but he's still fully clothed pretty much, just in his vest and shorts. Do you want me to edit it? ;P
Roo12
Roo12

Back to top Go down

Post by *Smoke* 02/06/14, 10:49 am

Ooc: Nah, it's good. I'm going to reply later though, cause I haven't got much time on the PC left :3
*Smoke*
*Smoke*
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Roo12 02/06/14, 05:53 pm

Ooc: That's fine, just reply whenever you can ;3
Roo12
Roo12

Back to top Go down

Post by *Smoke* 03/06/14, 08:41 pm

Brooke gladly took off her boots, her feet aching from the running and riding, due to her legs grabbing onto Rowan for dear life earlier.
"I guess my plans for going into the city for supplies tomorrow is kind of cancelled, huh?" She joked, telling what she had been planning for the next day.
*Smoke*
*Smoke*
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Roo12 06/06/14, 04:05 pm

"They are unless you wanna call a cab," Elliot joked back, chuckling, "Doubt they'll drive this far out though."
Then, out of nowhere, the boy was struck by an idea. He knew, though he wasn't the most sensitive of people, that something was up with Brooke. He had no idea what could have been wrong, but it was second nature for Elliot to want to make those around him feel better, no matter how bad they were feeling, and the best way to do that, he had discovered, was through music. 
So, after a moments pause, he sat back up in bed, rummaged through his rucksack and pulled out his battered old harmonica. "Hey Brooke," he began, speaking like a little child offering to show an unfamiliar adult his drawing, "I think you need a bit of cheering up. How about a song? This is one of my favorites."
Elliot proceeded to play 'Mr. Tambourine Man' by Bob Dylan on the harmonica, recalling the notes and the words as best he could.

Roo12
Roo12

Back to top Go down

Post by *Smoke* 08/06/14, 03:21 pm

At first Brooke laughed at Elliot, who had randomly pulled out a harmonica. Of course, of all people who had to come and find shelter in her cabin, it had to be one who played an instrument.
But soon the laughter ebbed away and she lay down on her bed, her rucksack placed underneath and her face wiped off. She silently listened to the harmonica song, a small smile playing on her lips.
As she was about to fall asleep, she whispered 'Thank you Elliot'.

Ooc: Agh. Sweet stuff, Smokey is bad at.
*Smoke*
*Smoke*
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Roo12 08/06/14, 03:53 pm

As Elliot finished his song, he was able to hear Brooke's quiet thank you before her breathing fell into a sleeping rhythm. Throwing his harmonica back into his rucksack, the boy climbed under the thin blanket again, a small smile dancing on his face as he closed his blue-grey eyes and drifted off into sleep himself. Though the stone room was bitterly cold, Elliot was warmed slightly by Fiver's sleeping body pressed up against his back and the heat coming from the pipe that he had hung his damp clothes on before.

Ooc: mwahahaha! Rooey is evil ;3
Roo12
Roo12

Back to top Go down

Post by *Smoke* 01/07/14, 07:01 am

Ooc: You want to do a time skip? :3
*Smoke*
*Smoke*
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Roo12 01/07/14, 11:35 am

Ooc: Yup!
Roo12
Roo12

Back to top Go down

Post by *Smoke* 02/07/14, 09:48 pm

Ooc: I found a perfect fight song, OMG! Okay, bear with me despite the name of it. It has no words. It's just called 'Android (Something I'm not allowed to say or my parent's kill me, revive me, then kill me again even though it's not that bad .-.)' :3 Just thought I'd share it with someone because it gives my fight scene imagination muse.

Do you want to do the time skip or me?

---Because I'm bored, I'll tell you my most recent scene with that song in my next post xD
*Smoke*
*Smoke*
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by *Smoke* 02/07/14, 10:07 pm

Ooc: You don't have to read this if you don't want to by the way ;3
I'm obviously the main character. It's from my POV. Also, I'm a total badass in this too xD
Oh, and before I tell you the story, everyone mentioned in there, name or no name, is pictured as an actual person I know. If I've known them long enough (3 months unless I'm immediately close friends with them) I can create them in my mind. Literally. I can think in their voice, picture them doing a multiple of things (I don't use it like that however. I'm weird, but I am not a pervert xD), and basically make them into the best actor(ess) in my mind.
When I use people, it isn't necessarily because I like them most. I just know them the best. Like the guy I'm fighting with other people against is just my most recent guy-friend .-.
---
I am stuck, my back pressed up against my ally. I am surrounded by a handful skilled fighters, and there is no way off of this bridge without a battle. It was either us, or them. I plan on it being the latter.
Immediately springing into action, I begin with the girl closest to me. I dodge a blow to the face and strike a punch to her stomach. She bends over and backs a step, before trying again with furious kick. My partner is battling on his own, and has already taken out his knife. He slices his attacker's throat easily and I am slightly grazed by my opponents boot on my right arm. Following my ally's lead, I grab my own knife out of my pocket.
I whirl  manage to dig the blade into the girl's shoulder. She screams in agony and falls backwards and off of the bridge into the roaring rapids. Two down, three to go.
Now more confident despite my losing one of my knives, I grab out two more. Once a man attacks me, I side step his charge and manage a cut to his side. He grunts in pain and quickly turns around. A sudden flash of his fist leaves my face bruised and I am slightly dazed. He kicks me down harshly and I cry out from the pain in my right shoulder.
I snap back to reality at this and trip him with my foot, springing myself up in the process. Now on the ground, I stomp on his stomach violently and he passes out from the repeated action.
Now done with him, I notice my ally has struck down his own opponent with a push over the side of the bridge as I had done with my first enemy.
One verses two. This was going to be easy now. I turn to face the girl, dressed in black as the rest of us are. Her green eyes challenge me as I notice her smirking, as if she believes this battle has been won already, and she is the victor. I will prove her wrong.
Giving a battle cry, I flash into action. I run at her, a blade in both hands now. However, she side steps out of the way, kicking my back and sending me flying forwards and onto the floor. There are hands on my wrist now as I realize my ally and pulling me off the ground recklessly. His smile is evil now, and I struggle to get free. How could he betray me? After how many times we've saved each other's lives?
As the green-eyed girl approaches with a gun held up, pointing right at my head, I struggle relentlessly to get away.
I immediately notice when the traitor's grip loosens barely enough for me to get away. I rip my wrists from his hands and run as fast as I can to the edge of the bridge. Gun fire is heard as well as pounding footsteps behind me. I am lucky the girl has no clear shot of me, and I jump over the side, planning to dive into the waters. The traitor doesn't dare follow me, and as soon as there is no ground beneath my feet any longer, I begin to question whether I was going to live with water fifty yards below me. I suppose I will find out, just as I will find a way to take those two down with me next time.

Sorry for the choppiness of it. I'm not sued to writing fights scenes so long. I hope you got the jist of it :/
*Smoke*
*Smoke*
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Roo12 12/07/14, 06:01 pm

Ooc: Haha, lol! Couldn't stop laughing when I saw the title of that XDD Love the music though :3
That's a really epic fight scene, Smoke, awesome writing (as per-usual x3) I had the song playing as I read and it only made it better xD
Roo12
Roo12

Back to top Go down

Post by *Smoke* 14/07/14, 08:29 pm

Ooc: Lol, I know right? XD
Agh, it isn't really good. I don't like writing long fight scenes. They get repetitive because I can't come up with another word for something like 'kick' or 'punch' or something ;~;
Do you want to continue with the time skip or should I?
*Smoke*
*Smoke*
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Roo12 15/07/14, 01:53 pm

That doesn't matter, if you can write well enough then the reader should be too engrossed in the action to notice, let alone car :3
I'll do it, but tell me if you wanted to and I'll delete what I wrote ;)

Elliot woke to the frantic barking of Fiver as he felt the warmth of his bed rush out of him to be replaced by a bitter coldness as reality revived him from sleep. Panicked at the noise, Elliot leapt out of bed, running blindly towards the door. 
"Fiver, what-"
but the boy cut himself short as he looked frustratedly down at the collie, whinning with his tail between his legs. All Fiver wanted was to go outside to go to the loo. Elliot rubbed his face tiredly, "You couldn't ask a little less early in the morning next time, could you?" he mumbled as he pulled back the door Fiver was scratching at impatiently. The collie sprinted through the open frame and ran around, sniffing for an appropriate place to do his bussiness.
Elliot followed him out, stretching in the golden morning sunlight. Dew hung heavy on the remaing grass and Rowan was whinnying excitedly for her rider to let her out of the make-shift pen. Stumbling clumsily to the horse, Elliot clasped her large head tenderly in his hands and stroked her forehead soothingly.
Roo12
Roo12

Back to top Go down

Post by *Smoke* 15/07/14, 08:19 pm

Ooc: Aww, thank you X3 I have awesome movies in my head as daydreams and I just try as much as I can to write them down. However, my sleeping dreams make no sense. My mom gave me a hot chocolate from Starbucks while I was fighting a Pegasus who could breathe fire ._.
You doing it is good to me *cough* I'm lazy *cough cough*.

Brooke rolled onto her side in her sleep. Her eyes were squeezed tight, her face a mix of fear and anger. Deep inside of her mind, her memories were replaying like an old record player, as if her fresh hauntings were like the sounds they make when they were done playing the track.
----
"Brooke! Come down here!"
Groaning, Brooke looked up at her alarm clock beside her old bed. Only three AM. Why in the world was her mother calling her down so early in the freaking morning?
Another yell of her name, more frantically this time, truly woke her up. She leaped out of bed and as she exited her room, she grabbed a baseball bat. Was there a burglar in the house? A murderer? A democrat? No matter what, she would give it a good bang in the head for making her wake up.
Brooke's feet easily sped down the stairs, and she was downstairs in the living room in seconds.
She had her baseball bat in front of her, but was confused when she saw her parents leaning over a man who looked... sick.
"Mom... what's going on?" Brooke asked, uncertainty clear in her voice.
"Sweetheart, put the bat down. This man needs our help. You said you were bit by a man who had something like rabies?" Her father said, talking to Brooke at first and then to the man. He had sweat covering his forehead, and his body was severely shaking. In his eyes, she could see their green fading, almost like he was dying.
He could only nod, as if his voice was failing him now. Slowly, Brooke approached.
"Mom, Dad, don't get too close to him. Where's Kenny?" Brooke asked, her voice giving away the confusion leaking through her mind.
"Right here," She heard a voice come from behind her. She turned her head and saw her young brother, Kenneth. The 17 teen year old only stayed at the edge of the room as the two's parents tried to comfort the man, unable to get ahold of the police for some reason.
Approaching her brother, Brooke eyed the sickly man. "Something's wrong here. That's not rabies, and the police aren't picking up 911 calls. Grab the guns from the basement," She ordered, and her brother only nodded and did what his military-trained sister told him to do.
Suddenly, the man stood up. In his throat, he was making a gurgling sound. Brooke took a step back, shocked at the... the death in his eyes. She'd seen dead people before, and none had such haunting eyes.
Her mother, worried for the man, stood up and put her hand on his shoulder. His head snapped to her, with a sickening crack of his neck.
"Mom!" Brooke yelled out, as her father grabbed her baseball bat from her hands. The man ripped out Leah's throat with his bare teeth, her screams loudly starting to mix in with her father's angry yell.
Pulling away from the quickly dying mother of two, the creature looked at the man approaching it.
"No Dad don't!" Brooke warned, trying to grab his shirt to stop him. But already the thing had grabbed her father's arm and pierced his stomach with its hand. It had strength... and speed. It was dead. Brooke at it in disbelief. Her parent's were quickly bleeding out now. They began to look sick, just the creature had when it was human. Kenneth almost shrieked if it hadn't been for Brooke covering his mouth with her hand.
"Shoot it, Kenny. Now." Kenneth nodded. He grabbed the pistol and quickly put a bullet between its eyes as it had begun charging at the two.
"We need to go."
"What about Mom and Dad?" Kenneth rejected.
"They'll be like him soon. Unless you want to kill them too, put your shoes on."
----
Gasping, Brooke shot up in her bed. Her breathing was at a fast pace, and her eyes scanned the dark room. She was at the bunker with Elliot. Not at home with Kenny. She was okay.
But the door was open. Why was it open? And where was Elliot?
She quickly got up from her bed, grabbing her .42 and silently got up to look outside. Not seeing or hearing any walkers, her heartbeat settled more and she walked over to the outside pen. She easily saw Elliot and knew her assumption of him being there was correct.
"You scared the crap out of me. I thought you'd left for a second," Brooke said, putting her hand on her hip as she looked at the younger boy.
*Smoke*
*Smoke*
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Roo12 16/07/14, 04:12 pm

Ooc: You're welcome x3 And I know what you mean, I always come up with ideas for movies (most of which are not as good as I'd care to admit xD). I think I'd like to go into film when I'm older, you know, directing or something. 
My dreams are weird too. The one I had last night went really weird:
I was in a cave fighting a big black wolf and it pushed me out of the entrance to the cave. Turns out we were on a mountain, so I began to fall down and down until I thought I saw a city, but turns out it was just wet concrete. So when I floated down to earth I found I was in my primary school so decided to walk home. When I got there I found Harry Potter, Hagrid and the dragon from Shrek having a disco in my living room._. ...
I was the one who had the dream, and even I can't comprehend it xD

"Sorry Brooke," Elliot said, relaxing as he saw only Brooke was behind him, "Fiver needed a whizz and poor Rowan's been on her own all night. I had to say good morning."
The boy left his horse where she was, much to her dissapointment, and walked casually to stand besides Brooke. "Did you sleep well?" He asked.
Roo12
Roo12

Back to top Go down

Post by *Smoke* 17/07/14, 12:03 pm

"Yeah, not bad actually," Brooke smoothly lied through her teeth. "How about you?" She asked to get the conversation off of herself.

Ooc: Last night, I had a really weird dream. It was the end of the world, and I ran back from the port to my house to grab my kitty cat (I love my kitty so much and I know it sounds like I'll be a cat lady when I'm old but I promise I won't be X3). I ran back to the port with my cat and we boarded a boat just as the ground set fire. I strapped my cat in and joined my family. You know those roller coasters where you pull a bar over your head, it lifts you really high up, and then drops you? It was like that. Once we were far away from land, we got dinner and every passenger had like a stamp of numbers and letters on their hands but I didn't. I was like a stowaway apparently. So I put gloves on and ate dinner XDD
*Smoke*
*Smoke*
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Roo12 20/07/14, 04:12 pm

Ooc: XDD I love us XD

"Fine," Elliot shrugged, before letting out an enormous yawn. "Except being woken up at the crack of dawn by this thing," he continued, mokingly anoyed as he pointed to where Fiver had been sniffing nearby. But as his gaze rested on the spot, he found his collie was nowhere to be seen. Looking panickedly around, Elliot just caught sight of Fiver sprinting up the side of the grassless hill before he vanished over the top. 
Elliot gave a piercing whistle and called the dog's name, "Fiver! Fiver, here boy!" But the dog continued running. 
Sighing, the boy prepared and mounted his horse. "Come on, we best see where he's got too in such a hurry," He said to Brooke, offering his hand to help her up. 

Ooc: Okay, so I have an idea, but I think I shoud pm you about in because it might be just a tad too dark for the site :/
Roo12
Roo12

Back to top Go down

Post by *Smoke* 20/07/14, 05:19 pm

Ooc: I've replied, and come up with another suggestion. That was a bit too dark for this site, I'm afraid.

Brooke sighed and nodded okay to Elliot. She ran back in and grabbed her boots and weapons, as well as Elliot's. They might need them.
Once she got back outside, she looked at the younger boy. "On Rowan or not?" She asked.
*Smoke*
*Smoke*
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next