The New Era
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
News on LifeClan ~ SWP 2016
Button for LifeClan Announcement
Button for Plot
Button for Vote
Staff

Administrator

*Smoke*

Moderators

Roo12

Kitty

Retired Administrator and Owner

Mini~
Maps
_
Clans
Click to enlarge
The New Era

Twoleg
Click to enlarge
The New Era
Affiliates
Warrior Clan CatsThe New EraThe New EraThe New Era
Latest topics
» Old friends getting in touch!
The Static Hour {Private} Empty26/06/20, 10:07 pm by *Smoke*

» A Life Worth Living and Loving (Private)
The Static Hour {Private} Empty05/06/17, 11:03 am by Kit

» Mediterranean Madness (Private; Roo & Smoke)
The Static Hour {Private} Empty06/04/17, 05:28 pm by Roo12

» In the Old Clans ~Private: Smoke & Searisha~
The Static Hour {Private} Empty29/03/17, 07:32 am by Searisha

» Character Creation Guideline and Forms
The Static Hour {Private} Empty09/02/17, 09:45 pm by hollyleaf6610

» ThunderClan Allegiances
The Static Hour {Private} Empty09/02/17, 09:29 pm by hollyleaf6610

» Snowfang of Windclan
The Static Hour {Private} Empty26/01/17, 03:37 am by Silver

» Hey I'm new (^._.^)_/
The Static Hour {Private} Empty22/01/17, 06:25 pm by Roo12

» Hi, I'm new!
The Static Hour {Private} Empty01/01/17, 05:59 pm by Searisha

» Starlingpaw of ShadowClan
The Static Hour {Private} Empty01/01/17, 09:20 am by Searisha

The Static Hour {Private}

2 posters

Page 1 of 6 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

The Static Hour {Private} Empty The Static Hour {Private}

Post by *Smoke* 17/12/13, 07:32 pm

The Static Hour {Private} Charli10

The young girl of 18 sighed as she glanced at her watch, checking the time. 6:10. The city bus was 10 minutes late already. She had to get to her work place, which was 13 kilometers from her small but cozy apartment, and her only way of transport was absent.
There was no way, mentally nor physically, that she could walk that much in her long pencil skirt and white blouse, required by her job. It was the only thing that she hated about it, her outfit. I was absolutely horrid on her. As said before, it was navy and white. She adorned it with black low-heels and she looked strictly business with her hair up in a bun. Her glasses off set it though, which made her glad. She was legally blind without her glasses, though not as blind as her friend Owlen.
Explanation for her current living situation is a bit... confusing. She lives with the previously mentioned friend, in the middle of London, England where she's been all her life. And not once, has the bus ever been late. Even when it snowed 3 feet last year. She was still amazed work wasn't cancelled that day...
Now she was just rambling in her mind. It annoyed her how easily she got side tracked, but she quickly got over it when she heard the sounds of the bus coming from down the street.
A smile lit up her face as the familiar lights of bus #11 as it rolled over the hill, figuratively of course. The bus driver, Mr. Bill, an old man with the kindest heart anyone could have, gave her a picture of almost pearly whites when he spotted her. Over the past year, the two had become friends though Charlie was quite shy in the beginning. Now the bus was like a second home.
The bus skidded to a halt softly and Charlie climbed aboard, smiling at the people who waved to her as she quickly took her seat, two behind Mr. Bill.
"Hello Mr. Bill. Why did the bus come so late today?" She asked, curiosity in her voice as she searched her cheap but nice looking purse that she used only for going to and from work for her phone. She needed to text Owlen that she was on the bus alive and well, as that was what they always did so they wouldn't have to worry about one another.
"A problem on the square street. A man in a blue box somehow managed to get himself in the middle of the street. Horrifying traffic that was," He replied with a bit of a grimace at remembering the long trek of the waiting cars for the man in the bowtie to move.
This was news to Charlie, as she had no idea that had happened. Perhaps she should look up 'man with blue box' for an article later. She'd be one of the first to write about it today! She could already imagine the title; 'Mysterious Blue Boxed Man Stuck In Traffic'. She didn't really hear a ring to it, but it made her smile. 
"Well, that's quite odd," Charlie replied, looking up at the bus driver.
"Yes, well, considering he's on this bus right now I believe it is very odd," Mr. Bill put back at Charlie as confusion went into her eyes. She turned around and was found that right in the seat behind her was a smiling man, a twinkle of trouble in his eyes, wearing a bowtie.
Where was Owlen when you needed her?
*Smoke*
*Smoke*
Administrator

Location : CONTACT ME THROUGH MY E-MAIL FOR IMMEDIATE RESPONSE :)

http://newerarp.forumotion.com/u31

Back to top Go down

The Static Hour {Private} Empty Re: The Static Hour {Private}

Post by *Smoke* 17/12/13, 07:51 pm

Ooc:
I have a plan for this.
I had written it out, but my computer decided to be an ARSE and delete it all. I had a mini heart attack.
I know the plan in full, and I will explain it to you later.
Though, I will tell you that 20 people go missing once an hour, though they seemed to have disappeared they can see themselves and the others who 'disappeared'. Like ghosts in a way.
One of our girls goes missing after being recruited by the Doctor to help him figure it out. When the people try to talk, all that comes out is static noise. They result to physical action instead, scaring people away from helping/finding them.
The villain is a man half-alien and half-human who believes it is his duty to Silence all the human race.
Sound good?
*Smoke*
*Smoke*
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Roo12 20/12/13, 01:18 pm

The Static Hour {Private} Owl11

A buzz echoed through the empty, dank alleyways as Owlen pulled her phone out of her pocket and held it up to her ear. A mechanical voice that seemed to say every syllable with a different tone began to read out a new message to her. It was from Charlie.
Owl put the phone back into her pocket. She would answer it when she reached the cafe that sat half-way between her shared apartment and her work place. There was no rush today, it was only about 6.10 in the morning, and she needed to be at the center by 10.
Soon Owl heard the familiar sounds and smelt the familiar smells. The young girl found her usual seat and sat down, a small round table in front of her. She loved this cafe, it was so cozy and familiar. The second she was settled, Toby came up to her table, "Morning Owl," he greeted in his usual friendly voice, "You okay?"
"I'm fine thanks, Toby," Owlen smiled back, "It's good to talk to you. I wasn't here yesterday."
"I know, I practically broke down into pieces," Toby began with his sarcastic humor, "I was like a puppy whose owner never came home."
Owlen laughed, "Shut up and get me a mocha and cinnamon role. I'm hungry, you know!"
As Toby left to do as he was told, Owl pulled her phone back out and began to slowly text her friend back. She was probably half way to work by now.
Roo12
Roo12

Back to top Go down

Post by Roo12 20/12/13, 01:21 pm

Ooc: Yeah sounds awesome, I can't wait to get started! But, whose going to be the Doctor? I care if I'm him or not, but if you want to then go for it :3
Roo12
Roo12

Back to top Go down

Post by *Smoke* 22/12/13, 12:19 pm

Charlie just managed to stare at the man behind her. He looked at her as if he knew her personally.
"Hello Charlie!" He chipped enthusiastically.
".... Who are you?" She replied back to the man, curiosity and precaution glinting in her green eyes.
"I, am the Doctor."
"Doctor who?" She instantly said to his answer, making him smile even more, if it was possible. This man was so odd.
She quickly glanced at the buzzing phone in her hand and read the message from Owl, and quickly replying that there was a strange man on the bus who called himself 'The Doctor'. Maybe she would know of him.
"Where do you work, Charlie?" The Doctor questioned.
"London Feed, Inc., why?" She inquired to the man.
"Because I need to go there."

Ooc: A LOT of talking in this one, so it looks choppy. Ugh.
*Smoke*
*Smoke*
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Roo12 22/12/13, 03:29 pm

Toby brought Owlen her cinnamon role and mocha and the young girl began to eat away. When the familiar buzz came from her pocket, Owl took out her phone and listened to the false voice reading the strange message.
Doctor who? she thought to herself as she lowered her phone and began to text back, feeling carefully all the bumps on the keys of her specialized mobile. He text simply read: "Doctor who?"
Owl had met a lot of doctors, so maybe she did know him...
Roo12
Roo12

Back to top Go down

Post by *Smoke* 22/12/13, 04:10 pm

He just calls himself 'The Doctor'. He has a bowtie and really tall hair. Know him? Charlie texted back quickly.
Suddenly, a thought came to her mind as she looked up at the Doctor. "How did you know my name?" She questioned.
"Who doesn't? Your posts on your work's website; absolutely magnifico!" He said with a large smile on his face as he put his fingers on his mouth and pulled them away as he said the last word.
"Especially, he one on aliens. You really are quite smart you know," He continued on.
The Static Hour {Private} Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTlzAzH2ERsPI1TNXkxqArz8YU3XanH25OS_qbqXQ94pgltWw9y_w
*Smoke*
*Smoke*
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Roo12 22/12/13, 04:22 pm

Owlen was thoroughly confused now as she listened to her new message. "I have no idea. Just tell him that if he pulls anything funny, I'll beat the bow tie from his throat. Show him this message if he doesn't believe you." Owl text back.
There. That should put him in his place...
Roo12
Roo12

Back to top Go down

Post by *Smoke* 22/12/13, 08:05 pm

Charlie tried not to laugh as she read the text from Owl. Typical of her, to threaten someone like that. It always brought a smile to her face when she saw her yell at someone.
Deciding to show it to 'The Doctor' when he became a problem, Charlie slipped the phone into her pocket.
"Which is exactly why I need your help," At these words from the bow-tie man, the girl's head snapped up from it's angled glance at her phone.
"... Help with what?" She asked him, curiosity in her voice.
"I'll show you once were off this bus. Too risky doing it here," He said, his eyes dancing around the bus as if a rabid dog would come chasing after him at any moment.
"I'm not going anywhere with you. How do I know to trust you not to hurt me anyway?" Charlie shot back.
"Because, I'm not human. Why in the world would I want to hurt you?" Charlie's jaw slightly dropped before a laugh came to her throat.
"Sure, of course you're an alien. That makes total sense," She said theatrically.
The Doctor sighed before an idea came to mind. "I can prove it. You just need to come with me," He said.
This made Charlie's smile falter at the man. She wanted to know if he was human, in all honesty; the recent things that have been going on prove that aliens exist. The Prime Minister who called himself 'Master', those weird blobby-baby alien things, and multiple other things were in his favor. But she knew she shouldn't be alone with him. It could be extremely dangerous. He could hurt her, if he wasn't who he said he was.
"Can I bring a friend?" She asked, narrowing her eyes at the man.
"Of course! Boyfriend, maybe?" He asked, a small playful smile on his face. Charlie furiously shook her head.
"No, no, a close friend of mine," She answered.
"Oh, the girl you were just texting? Sure, I'm quite alright with that," He said.
Charlie nodded for next to no reason and sent back a text to Owl.
The man says he's an alien, and also that he can prove it. I don't want to go with him alone, for safety reasons. Can we meet you at the café and see if he's telling the truth? I know you'd easily be able to get us away from him if he's lying....

The Static Hour {Private} Z
*Smoke*
*Smoke*
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Roo12 23/12/13, 06:25 am

What the...? That was the question racing through Owlen's mind as she listened to the text. Obviously, she wasn't about to leave her best friend alone with this stranger, so she agreed to meet them at the cafe. Owl sent her text and continued to drink her coffee.
"What was all that about then?" It was Toby's voice that had asked as the boy came to sit next to his friend.
"Toby Dunford, you little ear-wigger!" Owlen laughed as he joined her, "It's none of your business. I'm just meeting Charlie here in a little while."
"Alright, alright, I only asked."
"You always 'only ask'. It's what you're best at. Now, don't you have a job to do?"
At that moment, Owl heard Toby's boss yelling at him to get off his backside and get busy mopping.
"Okay Dan, I'll be right with you!" Toby called back. He then turned back to Owlen, "I better go, otherwise I might end up on the menu myself."
"Don't worry," Owl teased, "No-one would order you."
Toby and Owlen laughed, before another furious roar came from Dan and Toby zoomed off, leaving his friend to wait for Charlie and 'The Doctor'.
Roo12
Roo12

Back to top Go down

Post by *Smoke* 23/12/13, 05:25 pm

Charlie huffed silently as she walked down the sidewalk that at the corner, the cafe resided. The reason for her annoyance? The man, the Doctor, the 'alien', refused to shut up about time.
"Is this how time normally passes? Long and boring? Haven't I already asked someone that already? Oh, I have! Who was it? Amy? I don't know, perhaps. You know, time isn't like a ball, it's more like a rug really," he droned on and on, the only response Charlie had for him was an empty nod.
She gave a small smile as they reached their destination; she could see Owl through the windows in front. She walked into the small coffee place, the door giving a small jingle like most shops had.
She and the Doctor walked over to Owl's booth together, the Doctor looking at Owl curiously. "Hello, you must be Charlie's. I'm the Doctor," he said, sitting down across from the blind girl.
*Smoke*
*Smoke*
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Roo12 24/12/13, 08:49 am

Owlen looked up in roughly the direction of the voice and said, "Hello. The Doctor, is it? Doctor who?"
Under the table, the girl's gloved hand clasped tightly around the tough wood of her walking cane, ready to deal with this strange man if need be.
Roo12
Roo12

Back to top Go down

Post by *Smoke* 26/12/13, 12:50 pm

"Just the Doctor, though people sometimes call me Doctor. Actually, usually people do call me Doctor, so you can do that. 'The' isn't really needed," The Doctor replied back with a large smile.
"What's your name?" He asked enthusiastically as Charlie was practically forced to sit down next to him.
*Smoke*
*Smoke*
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Roo12 26/12/13, 01:12 pm

"Owlen," the girl answered simply, silently puzzling over his name. "You can call me Owl. Odd name, I know. But then again... you're just Doctor."
Just then Toby came over. "Is everything okay over here?"
Owlen turned her face to the sound of her friend's voice and smiled again, "You never pester the other customers like this."
"Sorry. Hi Charlie. Umm, hello, ugh... Sir. Can I get anyone anything?"
Roo12
Roo12

Back to top Go down

Post by *Smoke* 26/12/13, 03:36 pm

"Hello Toby. Can I just get a black coffee, please?" Charlie politely asked her old but slightly distant friend.
"Do you have fish fingers and custard?" The doctor asked him, making the girl look at him oddly. "What? It tastes delicious!" He said flabbergaste.
*Smoke*
*Smoke*
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Roo12 26/12/13, 03:55 pm

Toby's eyebrows lowered as he looked at the stranger with utter confusion. "I beg your pardon, sir?"

"Fish fingers and custard?" Owl said with disgust, "Is that what you said? What a weird mix."
Roo12
Roo12

Back to top Go down

Post by *Smoke* 27/12/13, 12:17 am

"Maybe to you. It's actually quite delish. But I'm guessing that you don't have it?" The Doctor replied with a big smile on his face that fell with the seemingly disheartening question. Charlie gave a small chuckle at the man's oddness, as it was quite unique to anything she'd ever seen before.
She was still brimming with curiosity to what the Doctor really was; an alien, or scary-human thingy?
*Smoke*
*Smoke*
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Roo12 29/12/13, 09:31 am

Ooc: Sorry AGAIN for the lateness, I've been at my nan's house for a couple of days and wifi down there costs the earth .~.

Toby tried to gather himself together enough to say, "No sir, we don't I'm afraid. Can I get you anything else?"
The young boy, only a year or so older than Charlie or Owlen, hadn't worked at the cafe longer than a year, and never had he heard such a mad request.

"I think we're okay, Toby, thank you," Owl answered, eager for her and Charlie to be alone with the Doctor to see what he wanted. She listened to Toby walking away back towards the kitchen of the cafe before turning back to the Doctor. "Why are you her?" Owl asked sternly, wanting a straight, honest and logical answer.
Roo12
Roo12

Back to top Go down

Post by *Smoke* 29/12/13, 10:15 am

Ooc: XD lol, it's alright.

"To meet Charlie and you!" The Doctor said honestly and happily. "I've read a few of her articles on space and extraterrestrials and it was quite spot-on," He continued on.
"And because of this, I'll need both of your help," He said much more seriously, as if someone or something was in grave danger.
*Smoke*
*Smoke*
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Roo12 29/12/13, 10:36 am

"Help with what?" Owl pushed on. She was more confused than ever now, with questions rushing in and out of her mind... though the main one was 'What doe fish fingers and custard taste like?'
Roo12
Roo12

Back to top Go down

Post by *Smoke* 29/12/13, 12:57 pm

Ooc: You know, I've never tried fish fingers and custard. Never tried custard. If you ever do then tell me what it tastes like please X3

"Well, my ship brought me to this time and place because something's wrong here. I don't know what it is, and the only thing that I've noticed is that people are going missing, every hour. And they all have something in common, but I don't know what yet. I need help finding those people," The Doctor explained in a deadly serious tone that surprised Charlie with its intensity.
"And how do we know you're not making this up?" Charlie questioned the bow-tie man skeptically.
"Look at the tv," The Doctor said plain and simply as he leaned back in his sit, as if he knew he was right and that the two girls were wrong in not believing him. It was like an 'I told you so' face.
*Smoke*
*Smoke*
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Roo12 30/12/13, 08:19 am

Ooc: Actually, fish fingers and custard is a really common dish over here...........
Nah, I'm just kidding, that would be our whole fricken' culture down the bog XDD
I haven't tried fish figures and custard, but I have tried custard. I quite like it, so long as it's decent quality :3

"Wait, did you say ship?" Owl said, baffled. "What do you mean, like, a boat? Or..."
Owlen stopped herself from saying the word 'alien'. She knew they existed, everyone knew that. But they weren't anything near humans, robots or freaky looking creatures maybe. But not humans. Right?
Roo12
Roo12

Back to top Go down

Post by *Smoke* 30/12/13, 11:18 am

Ooc: XD Oh cool. So is it like mustard or something?

"My space ship! I call her the TARDIS," The Doctor said, extremely happy again. "Would you like to see her? I feel like that would prove what I say I am," He offered as Charlie received her coffee from Toby.
"Thanks..." She whispered to the waiter.
*Smoke*
*Smoke*
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Roo12 02/01/14, 10:07 am

Ooc: Well, it doesn't taste like mustard, it's much sweeter cos it's much more of a
dessert dish. But it does look like mustard, which is................. disgustingly surreal XD

"The... The what?" Owl mumbled quietly when the strange man mentioned the 'TARDIS'. If truth be told, she was too baffled to argue with him anymore, when he offered a chance to go on the ship, she just stayed silent and waited for Charlie to answer for them. She might know a little more about him than Owlen herself did, after sharing a bus journey with him and all. Her friend may know if he is to be trusted or not.
Roo12
Roo12

Back to top Go down

Post by *Smoke* 02/01/14, 03:38 pm

"It sounds like TARDIS is an acronym. What does it mean?" Charlie pondered curiously. Perhaps it would help them understand a bit more.
"Time And Relative Dimension In Space. Basically it's a teleporting time machine," The Doctor said with a goofy smile on his face, quite proud of his 'baby'.
She couldn't help it, but the brunette's jaw just dropped. She looked to Owl, hoping she would sense her surprise, for something.
*Smoke*
*Smoke*
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 6 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next