The New Era
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
News on LifeClan ~ SWP 2016
Button for LifeClan Announcement
Button for Plot
Button for Vote
Staff

Administrator

*Smoke*

Moderators

Roo12

Kitty

Retired Administrator and Owner

Mini~
Maps
_
Clans
Click to enlarge
The New Era

Twoleg
Click to enlarge
The New Era
Affiliates
Warrior Clan CatsThe New EraThe New EraThe New Era
Latest topics
» Old friends getting in touch!
Which do YOU prefer- Big websites or small websites? Empty26/06/20, 10:07 pm by *Smoke*

» A Life Worth Living and Loving (Private)
Which do YOU prefer- Big websites or small websites? Empty05/06/17, 11:03 am by Kit

» Mediterranean Madness (Private; Roo & Smoke)
Which do YOU prefer- Big websites or small websites? Empty06/04/17, 05:28 pm by Roo12

» In the Old Clans ~Private: Smoke & Searisha~
Which do YOU prefer- Big websites or small websites? Empty29/03/17, 07:32 am by Searisha

» Character Creation Guideline and Forms
Which do YOU prefer- Big websites or small websites? Empty09/02/17, 09:45 pm by hollyleaf6610

» ThunderClan Allegiances
Which do YOU prefer- Big websites or small websites? Empty09/02/17, 09:29 pm by hollyleaf6610

» Snowfang of Windclan
Which do YOU prefer- Big websites or small websites? Empty26/01/17, 03:37 am by Silver

» Hey I'm new (^._.^)_/
Which do YOU prefer- Big websites or small websites? Empty22/01/17, 06:25 pm by Roo12

» Hi, I'm new!
Which do YOU prefer- Big websites or small websites? Empty01/01/17, 05:59 pm by Searisha

» Starlingpaw of ShadowClan
Which do YOU prefer- Big websites or small websites? Empty01/01/17, 09:20 am by Searisha

Which do YOU prefer- Big websites or small websites?

5 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Which do you prefer- small or big websites?

Which do YOU prefer- Big websites or small websites? 2wBDAAMCAgICAgMCAgIDAwMDBAYEBAQEBAgGBgU89%Which do YOU prefer- Big websites or small websites? I_vote_rcap 89% 
[ 8 ]
Which do YOU prefer- Big websites or small websites? 2wBDAAMCAgICAgMCAgIDAwMDBAYEBAQEBAgGBgU0%Which do YOU prefer- Big websites or small websites? I_vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
Which do YOU prefer- Big websites or small websites? 2wBDAAMCAgICAgMCAgIDAwMDBAYEBAQEBAgGBgU0%Which do YOU prefer- Big websites or small websites? I_vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
Which do YOU prefer- Big websites or small websites? 2wBDAAMCAgICAgMCAgIDAwMDBAYEBAQEBAgGBgU11%Which do YOU prefer- Big websites or small websites? I_vote_rcap 11% 
[ 1 ]

Total Votes : 9

Which do YOU prefer- Big websites or small websites? Empty Which do YOU prefer- Big websites or small websites?

Post by Guest 02/07/13, 05:06 am

Hmm.... I wonder what I am going to get as answer asking a question in small website....XD

Anyways, frankly I am curious to see what you guys say. Make sure to vote on the poll, but I would also like it if you commented your opinion and why you think whichever one is better.

By the way everyone, when I say "big" I do not mean the literal size of the site, but "big" meaning a lot of members, and "small" as not so many. ^^

Back to top Go down

Which do YOU prefer- Big websites or small websites? Empty Re: Which do YOU prefer- Big websites or small websites?

Post by *Smoke* 02/07/13, 05:55 am

Answer Choice~ Small Websites.

Big websites are way too... big. I'll admit, it would be nice having a variety of people to talk with but thousands of members like WCRPG is just pushing it. If you had put it up there, I would've chosen average website size. Like 500-700 members. That would be nice in my opinion. Lots of people, we'd have more mods, we'd have more friends, we'd be a lot more active, the plots would be juicer.... I could go on and on xD
*Smoke*
*Smoke*
Administrator

Location : CONTACT ME THROUGH MY E-MAIL FOR IMMEDIATE RESPONSE :)

http://newerarp.forumotion.com/u31

Back to top Go down

Which do YOU prefer- Big websites or small websites? Empty Re: Which do YOU prefer- Big websites or small websites?

Post by Guest 02/07/13, 07:23 am

*ѕмσкє* wrote:Answer Choice~ Small Websites.

Big websites are way too... big. I'll admit, it would be nice having a variety of people to talk with but thousands of members like WCRPG is just pushing it. If you had put it up there, I would've chosen average website size. Like 500-700 members. That would be nice in my opinion. Lots of people, we'd have more mods, we'd have more friends, we'd be a lot more active, the plots would be juicer.... I could go on and on xD

I am on WCRPG.Yes, also in larger websites there is more completion, especially
for HPR kits in the Adoption board. And I meant there is a LOT more competition; that is where I probably developed the habit of writing long bios, even longer when it comes to applications.

But it is good mentioned about how active it is, and the diversity and amount of members. Yes, some people in the Plot and Discussion Board come up with some VERY complex and original plots. But in some plot threads yet again, you have to apply for to have your character in it. And in some cases they ask you to make an Advance Biography of the character from scratch just so that they can participate in the plot. And making an Advance Biography like that can be very annoying.

But smart me found the away around is if your character is the one in the plot that does not do anything, dies early in the plot, kills the main character`s best friend in the plot; you usually don`t have to fill anything out!XD Nah, but anyways I do love WCRPG, just lately you seem to have to apply for literally EVERYTHING. And me being a naturally lazy person, I have a hard time doing actual work. XD

Back to top Go down

Post by Mini~ 02/07/13, 07:46 am

I've been on WCRPG For about two years :3 I have four hrp cats that were slightly hard to obtain. Sure, I would love to own a huge site; but then again I like the smaller site :3 when there are thousands of people, I can't really be friends with everyone; and I want that. So if this is a little site; I can keep saying 'welcome to the family :D'
Mini~
Mini~
Administrator

https://thenewera.aforumfree.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Kit 02/07/13, 07:56 am

Small websites are way better. You have more of a connection with the other role - players. You also don't get flooded really really bad.
Kit
Kit

Back to top Go down

Post by megarin 02/07/13, 11:00 am

I like small sites!
I was a mod on a multi-thousand player site once.
Psssst, it doesn't work very well.
It works even less well when the books the site was based off of were a finished series but then the author made a linking series. Then in the second series the whole world practically ended in the last book. Then we had no way to describe how anything worked out. .-.
Oh and big sites are just pains! Trust me. I know.
All the competition and stuff. And too many plots. Everyone has there own plot so nothing anywhere on the sites seems to move together in one movement. There could never even possibly be a site-battle like we can have on here. It just doesn't work well. I know.
megarin
megarin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 02/07/13, 06:26 pm

Personally, I just like smaller websites. Smaller websites give you a chance to get to know people more than versus big websites. You can kinda get more of a connecton to the users if it a smaller website. There less crowded and over flooded than most big websites. Smaller websites just seem more calmer than huge websites that I always busy than most big websites.

Eventhough I like smaller websites, I do like WCRPG but prefer something smaller.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 02/07/13, 06:39 pm

megarin wrote:I like small sites!
I was a mod on a multi-thousand player site once.
Psssst, it doesn't work very well.
It works even less well when the books the site was based off of were a finished series but then the author made a linking series. Then in the second series the whole world practically ended in the last book. Then we had no way to describe how anything worked out. .-.
Oh and big sites are just pains! Trust me. I know.
All the competition and stuff. And too many plots. Everyone has there own plot so nothing anywhere on the sites seems to move together in one movement. There could never even possibly be a site-battle like we can have on here. It just doesn't work well. I know.

Like in WCRPG {yes I keep using that as an example, mainly because I am an active member on the site;} there are special event threads, and if you post in it a certain amount of times you get a badge. The problem is, everyone wants the badges, so you are always getting flooded. I am serious, if you leave it for ten minutes your post is pushed already seven pages back. So it is very hard to enjoy participating in these threads, as you are instead getting frustrated over being flooded.

I do actually feel sorry for some of these admins who run those large sites. They are always so busy running the site, fixing it up, that they do not have time to roleplay or do anything else. But the mods on this site, though you still have to deal with that stuff too; you still have enough spare time to be able to roleplay.

Back to top Go down

Post by megarin 02/07/13, 08:32 pm

Are mods on big sites supposed to have RP time?
I didn't. .-.
megarin
megarin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 02/07/13, 09:30 pm

megarin wrote:Are mods on big sites supposed to have RP time?
I didn't. .-.

Nup, they didn't. It was a rare sight to see them roleplaying- it gathered crowds. (Not kidding about that either, sadly. ^^)

Back to top Go down

Post by megarin 02/07/13, 09:31 pm

That's why I like here. I can actually RP! :D
Wa-hoo!
megarin
megarin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 02/07/13, 09:33 pm

Haha, yeah.

I am sure some mods have dreams of a place where there's time to RP.

Back to top Go down

Post by megarin 02/07/13, 09:35 pm

I used to.
Funny, a lot of the sites I join I become mods on.
The first was that big one, now this one. Those are my only RP sites. i must be a natural mod. :D
megarin
megarin

Back to top Go down

Post by *Smoke* 02/07/13, 09:46 pm

*Cough cough* Whatever you say *cough cough*
*Smoke*
*Smoke*
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by megarin 02/07/13, 09:49 pm

Lol. Thanks, Smoke.
megarin
megarin

Back to top Go down

Post by *Smoke* 02/07/13, 09:50 pm

You're welcome XD
I'm going offline~ FINISH THAT BIO!
*Smoke*
*Smoke*
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Kit 02/07/13, 09:54 pm

D:< WORK ON THAT BIO!
Kit
Kit

Back to top Go down

Post by megarin 02/07/13, 09:55 pm

I am! you distracted me!
megarin
megarin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kit 02/07/13, 09:56 pm

I am shunning you
Kit
Kit

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 02/07/13, 10:05 pm

What??

((One of those moments when I look like a total baffled fool.. :o))

Back to top Go down

Post by megarin 02/07/13, 10:06 pm

I'm supposed to be making a cat bio form for them .-.
megarin
megarin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kit 02/07/13, 10:07 pm

You should get on the chat box piglet it's at the bottom of the screen
Kit
Kit

Back to top Go down

Post by Kit 02/07/13, 10:08 pm

Its for hawkclan
Kit
Kit

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 02/07/13, 10:08 pm

Aha!

I knew that all along!

I'm such a lier.

Back to top Go down

Post by Kit 02/07/13, 10:09 pm

Yes indeed lol sorry I finished my marina book for summer reading today it was a horse and his boy
Kit
Kit

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next