The New Era
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
News on LifeClan ~ SWP 2016
Button for LifeClan Announcement
Button for Plot
Button for Vote
Staff

Administrator

*Smoke*

Moderators

Roo12

Kitty

Retired Administrator and Owner

Mini~
Maps
_
Clans
Click to enlarge
The New Era

Twoleg
Click to enlarge
The New Era
Affiliates
Warrior Clan CatsThe New EraThe New EraThe New Era
Latest topics
» Old friends getting in touch!
In the Old Clans ~Private: Smoke & Searisha~ Empty26/06/20, 10:07 pm by *Smoke*

» A Life Worth Living and Loving (Private)
In the Old Clans ~Private: Smoke & Searisha~ Empty05/06/17, 11:03 am by Kit

» Mediterranean Madness (Private; Roo & Smoke)
In the Old Clans ~Private: Smoke & Searisha~ Empty06/04/17, 05:28 pm by Roo12

» In the Old Clans ~Private: Smoke & Searisha~
In the Old Clans ~Private: Smoke & Searisha~ Empty29/03/17, 07:32 am by Searisha

» Character Creation Guideline and Forms
In the Old Clans ~Private: Smoke & Searisha~ Empty09/02/17, 09:45 pm by hollyleaf6610

» ThunderClan Allegiances
In the Old Clans ~Private: Smoke & Searisha~ Empty09/02/17, 09:29 pm by hollyleaf6610

» Snowfang of Windclan
In the Old Clans ~Private: Smoke & Searisha~ Empty26/01/17, 03:37 am by Silver

» Hey I'm new (^._.^)_/
In the Old Clans ~Private: Smoke & Searisha~ Empty22/01/17, 06:25 pm by Roo12

» Hi, I'm new!
In the Old Clans ~Private: Smoke & Searisha~ Empty01/01/17, 05:59 pm by Searisha

» Starlingpaw of ShadowClan
In the Old Clans ~Private: Smoke & Searisha~ Empty01/01/17, 09:20 am by Searisha

In the Old Clans ~Private: Smoke & Searisha~

2 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

In the Old Clans ~Private: Smoke & Searisha~ Empty In the Old Clans ~Private: Smoke & Searisha~

Post by *Smoke* 02/01/17, 03:32 pm

In the Old Clans ~Private: Smoke & Searisha~ Klaus110

The black tom looked at the pine trees, anxiety in his orange eyes. He could scent the ShadowClan border markings only a few foxlengths in front of himself, but his heart was pounding. He knew that ShadowClan was not the same as BloodClan, but he knew that he would not be accepted into their ranks. So as he usually did, he stayed off of their territory, imagining what it would be like to be born and clan cat rather than a rogue.
The kind tom certainly wasn't a rogue, unlike his mother had been until she had been killed in a battle against the clans. Now, he was simply a loner. Alone, without his sister, both of his parents dead. He had been on a path of medicine in BloodClan, but he decided to leave because he could not take their ruthlessness any longer. He was a deserter, but he certainly didn't care.
Klaus stood up and began to walk along the border, although a bit away from it. He knew he was risking himself every time he came here, but that didn't matter. He didn't do much these days anyhow.

OOC: Sorry, I know that's a lot of un-descriptive backstory but Klaus is an old character, even though he's pretty young.
*Smoke*
*Smoke*
Administrator

Location : CONTACT ME THROUGH MY E-MAIL FOR IMMEDIATE RESPONSE :)

http://newerarp.forumotion.com/u31

Back to top Go down

In the Old Clans ~Private: Smoke & Searisha~ Empty Re: In the Old Clans ~Private: Smoke & Searisha~

Post by Searisha 02/01/17, 03:43 pm

ooc: That's alright! Mine doesn't say much, or anything about her backstory either. Sorry this is so short too.

In the Old Clans ~Private: Smoke & Searisha~ 7e23488d0ac942cebf2825b49ee8f99a

Starlingpaw slowed to a walk as she reached the border. She had decided to break away from the patrol she had joined once she'd captured the scent of a stranger near the border. She knew it could be dangerous to chase off the stranger if there was one alone, but she wanted to impress everyone else in the patrol.

The beautiful apprentice crouched in the shadows of the pine trees, watching carefully for any sign of a cat. As she waited in the dark her mind drifted. She imagined her parents pelting across the border with a newborn kit in her mother's mouth being held by her scruff.
Searisha
Searisha

Back to top Go down

In the Old Clans ~Private: Smoke & Searisha~ Empty Re: In the Old Clans ~Private: Smoke & Searisha~

Post by *Smoke* 02/01/17, 03:50 pm

Klaus froze midstep, realizing just how fresh the border's markings were. There could easily be warriors nearby that already spotted him and were about to attack. With this in mind, the tom turned his body around and faced the pines, in a stance that was lax, rather than on guard. If he didn't look like much of a threat, perhaps he would not be treated as one.

Ooc: It's all good! It can take a little bit to find your own groove in RPing, so don't feel like you're doing a bad job. My very first post was five freaking paragraphs, as long as a three hundred word essay. To say the least I've taken a chill pill XD
*Smoke*
*Smoke*
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Searisha 02/01/17, 04:00 pm

Starlingpaw's mind snapped back to reality. Her ears swivelled around in the direction she heard light paw steps coming from. Her eyes shot in the same direction, finding themselves resting on the sight of a black cat. She stood up from her crouching position in the shadows. Her eyes didn't leave the cat. The first thing she noticed was his bright orange eyes as the stranger went into a relaxed position.

The silver tabby stepped out from the shade of the forest. "Who are you and why are you here?" She said, being rather straight forwards. She padded to the tom,showing she wasn't afraid. She stood infront of the black tom, staring him down with her vibrant, green eyes.

ooc: sorry this took so long, I'm multi-tasking. While being on here I am also writing an essay! Haha, thank you for sharing that with me, it made me feel slightly better.
Searisha
Searisha

Back to top Go down

Post by *Smoke* 02/01/17, 04:15 pm

The handsome tom's eyes immediately went to the source of the voice; a younger she-cat with silver tabby fur. Not someone he recognized, thankfully. Klaus slightly lifted his chin, putting on a more confident facade.
"Technically, I am not on ShadowClan territory. I am simply observing the forest, not those within it," Klaus said smoothly. He was lying, at the same time not. He wasn't raised to be honest.

Ooc: Oh, essays. Ugh. I mean, I like writing, but a four page essay on Stalin can kill a girl's buzz XD Glad you liked my story, lol. I started out a normal member here until I became admin., and this was my first role-play site, so on the older site, I have some cringe-worthy posts.
*Smoke*
*Smoke*
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Searisha 02/01/17, 05:25 pm

Starlingpaw gasped silently when the tom's eyes turned to her. The pretty she-cat scoffed and rolled her eyes. "I know, I'm not blind." She retorted, looking the tom up and down. She couldn't help but feel a little over-whelmed by the bright color of his eyes. She heard voices a little while behind her, calling her names; the apprentice decided to ignore it. "I'm Starlingpaw, you are?" She meowed cooly.She narrowed her eyes, her mouth slowly turning into a slightly disgusted frown at the thought that the slightly older cat might've had intentions to cross the border before she had arrived.

ooc: Sorry this is short again, I'm just waiting for things get going. Actually I'm enjoying writing my essay since we can pick any topic. I pick horse-back riding and the history of it, I know it's a strange topic, but horses are my life.
Searisha
Searisha

Back to top Go down

Post by *Smoke* 02/01/17, 05:41 pm

Klaus' eyes narrowed at this apprentice. She was either foolish or brace to be talking like this with an unknown cat with her mentor possibly nearby. She was odd, that much was obvious.
"My name is Klaus," The tom replied equally cool.

Ooc: It's fine, it can be a little slow. As long as something happens in what you put it's enough to keep it going. I actually ride too, and if you need any info on sidesaddle I've got tons of random facts lol.
*Smoke*
*Smoke*
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Searisha 02/01/17, 05:50 pm

The pretty she-cat lifted her chin defiantly as Klaus narrowed his eyes at her. "Well, Klaus." She took a couple more slow, smooth steps towards him, crossing the border until she was nose to nose with him, not blinking. "What brings you here?" She meowed, determined to get answers. She stared into Klaus's eyes, trying to make him crack for answers.

ooc: Yeah, I would love some facts on side saddle! Also, for some reason I'm not being able to read pms so we might have to talk on here. Also, do you have any advice on how to get a mentor?
Searisha
Searisha

Back to top Go down

Post by *Smoke* 03/01/17, 03:51 pm

"Personal reasons. I promise I have no agenda against any of the clans, however," Klaus stated, the confidence flowing through his body as usual. But he was more toned down than his family was. His father and mother were ferocious leaders, his sister has wished to be the same, but Klaus was happy being as he is.
"Shouldn't you get back to your mentor?" Klaus asked, not caring if he gave away that he knew some of what the clans were like. His personal information was his own to share at his discretion.

Ooc: I've got a powerpoint (well, a google slides) on it that I can share with you. I'm just adding to it over time. If you have a google account I can share it with you.
How are you getting into your PMs? And did you put on your profile settings that you would like to receive them?
Well, I have a few ShadowClan cats that could be Starlingpaw's apprentice. I've got:
Wolfstep: https://thenewera.aforumfree.com/t1229-wolfstep-of-shadowclan
Fadedstripe: https://thenewera.aforumfree.com/t1289-re-activated-cats-long-bio-skyheart-snowfire-stoneclaw-fadedstripe-silversong-echokit-sweetkit-squirrelfur-and-tallshade

Or I could make a completely new cat :)
*Smoke*
*Smoke*
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Searisha 03/01/17, 05:29 pm

Starlingpaw looked at the tom. "Personal reasons?" She snorted in amusement. "When it comes to my clan, or any of them for that matter, nothing is personal." She spat. She had heard that rouges and loners were liars, especially the loners, who left a string of mates behind them.
"Starlingpaw!" The pretty apprentice heard the calls behind her from her mentor, Fadedstripe. "My mentor knows I am perfectly capable of... hold on, how did you know I had a mentor, or mentors were even a position?" She said, taking a step away from the tom. Maybe this tom knew more about the clans then he let on, how long had he been watching them?

ooc: Well, yes I have a gmail account. Also is it okay if Fadedstripe become her mentor, if thats not okay, sorry that I already rped with her, and sorry for the slight power play of when she was calling Starlingpaw, and also, when do you want the kits to come in?
Searisha
Searisha

Back to top Go down

Post by *Smoke* 04/01/17, 06:06 pm

"That is my business, not yours, Starlingpaw," Klaus narrowed his orange eyes at the apprentice. He saw Fadedstripe, her large mentor coming up behind her, and the tom did not look happy with his apprentice, much less the loner. Klaus was just thankful it was a warrior he was familiar with, even if they weren't... friendly.
"Starlingpaw, I have been calling you," The long-haired tom spoke gruffly. His light green eyes never left the loner. "Klaus," He said, dipping his head, although the expression on his face showed his distaste of the handsome tom.

Ooc: Alright, here's the link to the google slides~
https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/1NlGdNkDSWhW40uBDFsmuG4GXgN9bg76CkTruQgWk6pc/edit?usp=sharing
I don't mind, as long as you apologize/ask before hand ^.^ The kits could probably come in after Fadedstripe yells at Starlingpaw to follow him back, so after my next post?
*Smoke*
*Smoke*
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Searisha 05/01/17, 08:54 am

Starlingpaw winced when she heard her mentor come from behind her. Too nervous to turn around and face the large tom the pretty she-cat looked to Klaus and mouthed. "Does he look angry?".
Her ears perked up with interest when her mentor addressed the loner using his name. Did Fadedstripe know Klaus? Did they have history together? She gazed at Klaus, her head tilted and her eyes not moving as she stared at the black tom, trying to figure him out.

ooc: Sorry this is so short and for calling Fadedstripe a she! Also, thanks soon much for the google slides, it so helpful, I've used a lot of the info if that's okay? Also, sounds good to me, you can start the whole part with the kits if you like.
Searisha
Searisha

Back to top Go down

Post by *Smoke* 05/01/17, 08:10 pm

"Fadedstripe," Klaus said before giving a small smirk at the apprentice, as well as a small nod. The handsome tom knew the warrior, though not very well. Their past was not heavily reliant on one another, though Fadedstripe was close with Klaus' mother when he was known as Survivor. But the toms had never felt the want to become more than acquaintances with each other.
"Come, Starlingpaw. Klaus is not trespassing and Feralstar is quite aware of his presence around here," The large warrior said once he stood beside his apprentice. "I suggest you listen," He said, turning around after a few seconds and walking back towards the border. His tail flicked in annoyance. Fadedstripe was not known for his kindness, though he was a good cat at heart.
Fadedstripe froze when he heard the sounds in the distance. Klaus did as well, noticing the warrior's body go rigid. The handsome tom dared to glance at the sky, with the wind sound and the mewling of kits.
"Hawk!" Klaus meowed urgently, trying to not let the hawk hear him.

Ooc: You're good, I didn't even notice it! I don't mind you using the info at all ^.^
*Smoke*
*Smoke*
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Searisha 06/01/17, 04:57 am

The pretty she-cat giggled silently as the loner nodded towards her with a charming smirk. She found it funny that for once there was something between her and another cat that her mentor didn't know about. She gazed at Klaus with confused eyes. She was grateful that he had actually responded to her, letting her mentally prepare for what she was about to see when she finally turned to her mentor. Perhaps he wasn't as bad as he seemed.
The apprentice's eyes shot up to the hawk, soaring across the sky. She narrowed her eyes, trying to see what prize it had in it's claws which was causing the mewling. Her green eyes didn't leave the sight until she made out the bodies of two kits in the grasp of the bird's talons the hawk flew across the border and into unmarked territory. It's wings stretched out far, carrying the creature long distances with only a few flaps "It has kits! Two of them!" She meowed urgently as the hawk began to shrink as he it flew farther "We need to help them!" She told the toms. Turning to her mentor with anxiousness and worry reflecting in her eyes. "Please forgive me." She mewed and spun around, pelting across the border,skimming Klaus, not looking back to see if she had pushed him off balance or anything else, and recklessly and stupidly bolting across the thunder path, not checking for monsters; and into unknown territory.
She followed the hawk from the ground, keeping a close eye on the bird, occasionally pushing off a tree to gain speed to catch up with the feathered beast. She longed to turn around to see if either of the toms were coming to help her, or stop her, and to know wether she needed to do this alone or not. No matter how much her heart pestered her she was too afraid to turn around, worried that she would see a Fadedstripe on the war path.

ooc: Thanks so much! So can Fadedstripe be her actually mentor, for the rest of her apprenticeship? I wasn't sure if you were only open to letting him be her mentor just for this rp or not. Also, it's completely up to you how this all goes down, how Klaus and Fadedstripe come into play and how Klaus and Starlingpaw work together. Also, what discipline do you ride? I ride english, and really love 3 day eventing, you?
Searisha
Searisha

Back to top Go down

Post by *Smoke* 07/01/17, 10:09 pm

The moment his apprentice bolted, Fadedstripe did not hesitate to follow her. He was unaware of Klaus following him until the black tom sped past him over the thunderpath. The warrior had to admit the loner was quite fast, though Fadedstripe himself was not slow. Thankfully the thunderpath was quiet around this time but the warrior still cursed his apprentice in his mind. Starlingpaw was going to be on elder duty for many weeks.
Klaus had been shocked when Starlingpaw had rushed past him that he almost was knocked off balance. When Fadedstripe followed his apprentice quickly Klaus turned tail and did the same. He watched the hawk with his orange eyes and prayed to StarClan that there would be no monsters around. It seemed his prayers were answered for he could not hear any noise from the thunderpath. He continued eyeing the hawk as he tried his best to catch up to the young she-cat and match her pace. He was only a few tail lengths behind her when he saw the hawk drop down and go into the trees. He knew this area well, and realized Starlingpaw would not. He knew exactly where the hawk was going; it's nest.
"Follow me, I know where it dropped down to!" Klaus yelled to Starlingpaw, turning sharply to the right.

Ooc: Sorry for taking so long to reply! I've come down with the flu :( Yeah, Fadedstripe can be her mentor for the rest of her apprenticeship. She doesn't have more than a moon or so left as of now anyway. Feel free to powerplay Klaus a little bit to direct Starlingpaw to the nest if you want. Well I ride a few things; I mostly do huntseat, but I do horsemanship, western, sidesaddle, sport horse under saddle, I do a bit of country (English) though not in a while, and showmanship. I mostly show huntseat and showmanship. What I do is a bit different than what you normally see around; I do Arabian Performance.
*Smoke*
*Smoke*
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Searisha 08/01/17, 06:23 am

Starlingpaw was shocked to hear Klaus's voice directing her. How had he caught up with her so swiftly? She planted her front paws into the soil, skidding to a stop, though her plan was not entirely successful. The she-cat slid across the snowy ground, spinning around and around without control. She struggled to see where Klaus was headed. "Hold on!" She meowed as she planted her tail in the ground too. All of a sudden she stopped spinning and was off again, sparing no time.
She weaved through the trees, following Klaus. She glanced behind her, seeing Fadedstripe not far behind. She could already tell she was in trouble with him.
The pretty apprentice kept her eyes on the trees until she skidded into another halt. She stared at the clump of twigs and branches near the top of an especially tall pine tree. She was careful to whisper. "There they are!" She nodded to where the noise of the kits mewling was coming from. She hesitated, looking back from Klaus to Fadedstripe.
She sighed, finally convincing herself to go ahead with her own plan and began careful climbing the tree.

ooc:It's no problem! I hope you get better soon and thank you so much! I was having trouble finding her a mentor. Wow, that's really interesting! I've never really tried riding like that much, but it explains your profile picture!
Searisha
Searisha

Back to top Go down

Post by *Smoke* 08/01/17, 12:26 pm

Klaus looked at the she-cat as she started climbing up the tree. The hawk was going to kill her if it caught her. The black tom's eyes met Fadedstripe's as the warrior stopped by his side and an understanding went through them. These were kits; they needed to be saved.
Klaus started up the tree quickly and was close behind Starlingpaw while Fadedstripe stopped at a few branches up. They needed to get the kits down.

Ooc: Thanks! It's quite fun in my opinion, especially shows.
*Smoke*
*Smoke*
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Searisha 08/01/17, 01:21 pm

Starlingpaw looked down, seeing Klaus not far below her and Fadedstripe not far from the ground. She looked up to the nest, her heart aching as the kits mewled in fear continually. Where were they from, she hadn't actually managed to see what they looked like, and why didn't their clan or if they were rouge kits, their parents come after them. The pretty she-cat heard a screech come from the hawk which was perched on a branch on a nearby tree, preening her feathers.
The ear-piercing noise made the apprentice instinctively duck her head down. She continued clawing her way up the tree, careful to be silent. After a little bit she found herself pulling her light body onto the branch where the nest lay. "Shh!" She whispered as soon as the two kits stopped mewling and stared at her.
Searisha
Searisha

Back to top Go down

Post by *Smoke* 08/01/17, 02:11 pm

"Pass one to me and I'll give it to Fadedstripe and then I'll take the other one down!" Klaus meowed a few branches under Starlingpaw, being careful of his volume. The hawk seemed to not notice the cats yet and Klaus' heartbeat was racing.
Fadedstripe watched and waited on the hawk, expecting it to attack. His apprentice was still light enough to be killed easily by the animal and Fadedstripe was determined to get all the cats away safely.
*Smoke*
*Smoke*
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Searisha 08/01/17, 02:41 pm

Starlingpaw listened carefully to Klaus and nodded, raising her head back up to the kits. "Now, I need you two to be very quiet and very obedient and we will get you home safely." She whispered to them gently, yet giving the two black kits a stern look. She was leaning over the nest to get the nearest kit's scruff but she noticed something strange.
"Klaus! Where are the chicks, I mean, a hawk would;t bring it's prey back to it's nest unless there were chicks, it would eat the prey on the spot; so where are the chicks?" She asked him, lowering her head so he could hear her.
Searisha
Searisha

Back to top Go down

Post by *Smoke* 08/01/17, 02:45 pm

"I don't know! I've never seen eggs in the nest!" Klaus replied to the she-cat. "But we need to hurry!" The black tom was getting nervous now. Perhaps the kits were a gift to the hawk's mate, but he didn't want to find out.
*Smoke*
*Smoke*
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Searisha 08/01/17, 03:07 pm

Starlingpaw lifted her head back up to the kits, confused and unsettled. She took the nearest kit by the scruff gently. It hung lightly in her mouth as she crouched down, lowering her head, setting the kit on it's belly with it legs hanging over the branch infront of Klaus.
She stood up back up carefully, keeping her balance, she took the other kit by it's scruff and that's when she heard the loudest screech of them all. Starlingpaw looked in the direction of where it came, the kit swinging in her mouth; and got a face-full of feathers. "Ah!" She yowled as the hawk smacked it's wing into her face, throwing her off balance and all of a sudden she felt her self plummeting through mid-air with a squealing kit in her mouth.
The air whipped her fur as she fell from the tree top, the kit squirming in her grasp. Starlingpaw prayed to StarClan that one of the toms would catch her as she fell. She hoped she was light enough and wouldn't bring them down with her. "Klaus!" She called in a muffled meow, her mouth full of fur. She looked at the loner as she fell past him, every second getting closer to the ground. She shut her eyes, breathing heavily in stress and tossed the small kit towards the loner, she wouldn't open her eyes, to afraid she'd ended the kit's life. She sighed as the branches scraped her body, every branch she felt, was a step closer to the end.

doc: I was wondering if maybe Klaus caught the kit and got the two to safety? Only if you want. I was wondering if you would like Fadedstripe to save Starlingpaw by grabbing her scruff as she fell past him, or if not, I could have her save herself in another way? Also, should the kits be from Shadowclan, or another clan? Or should they be rouge kits?
Searisha
Searisha

Back to top Go down

Post by *Smoke* 09/01/17, 10:22 pm

Ooc: That all works for me! I was thinking the kits could be rogue-born, and they'd be rather young if the hawk can carry two at a time. I'll reply tomorrow, I super sorry about not actually replying but I've been super busy with algebra 2 review and a big French project, so I'll get to it sometime after school tomorrow.
*Smoke*
*Smoke*
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by *Smoke* 12/01/17, 08:42 pm

Klaus difficultly caught the apprentice on her way down by clamping hard on her scruff and beginning his own descent. Fadedstripe had caught the other kit and was already racing to the ground once he saw Klaus begining to go down. The weight was a lot for Klaus with Starlingpaw and the kit but he managed to get them safely onto the ground together without landing to roughly.
it seemed that the hawk realized the kits were gone, with the mewling sounds slowly getting further and further away. It cawed angrily as it spotted the cats.
"Go! I'll handle the hawk!" Klaus meowed to the two. Fadedstripe nodded, though he hesitated. He wanted his apprentice in front of him in case the hawk went through Klaus before they were safely away.
*Smoke*
*Smoke*
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Searisha 13/01/17, 03:14 pm

Starlingpaw's eyes shot open as she felt harsh teeth fasten around her scruff. "Klaus?!" She said with surprise as she saw the body of the black cat tumbling down above her. He had tried to save her, after the way she'd treated him? She thought you could never trust a rouge.
Starlingpaw sighed in relief as her wobbly paws set themselves not the snowy ground. She padded to her mentor, her eyes to the ground, figuring it was the right time for an apology since it seemed like they were all safe. "Faded stripe, I..." She started but she was interrupted by the screeching of a hawk. The she-cat turned to face the birds. She looked to Klaus, shaking her head at his words. "No, you can't handle both of them!" She looked at the two frightened kits who were backing their way into a small den, perhaps a mouse's, underneath one of the tall pine trees. "We fight together." She said, widening her stance and lowering her head.

ooc: Sorry I haven't been on, I was at school all week. Sure! they could be rouge kits, but then what would we do with them after we save them?
Searisha
Searisha

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next